Position: After School Educator
Salary: $16.00-18.00/hour depending on qualifications
Reports to: Supervisor, Before and After School
- Create and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
- Support inclusion of children with special needs, working collaboratively with their parents/caregivers and early childhood specialists
- Commit to raising quality care indicators through participating in the Quality First model.
- Develop and implement an emergent curriculum applying core concepts of a Reggio inspired philosophy.
- Build upon the foundational knowledge of the ELECT principles into deeper reflection and investigation of children’s thinking, development, and the role of the educator using the Provincial documents “How Does Learning Happen?” and “Think Feel Act”
- Utilizing a variety of teaching techniques including modeling, active listening, observing, questioning, demonstrating and supporting
- Observing children for the purpose of creating learning opportunities that promote development within social, emotional, cognitive, language, sensory and physical domains.
- Create an atmosphere which builds upon individual learning styles, interests, and celebrates the cultural and ethnic diversity of the children and their families
- Maintain accurate daily record keeping of attendance sheets, daily log books, accident reports and illness reports, medical forms, administration of medication forms, emergency procedures and actions and display in classroom as appropriate
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers, parents, support workers and community service providers working with children
- Maintain a healthy and safe adult working environment for themselves and others
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education or ECE Diploma, Child and Youth Workers, Recreation and Leisure and OCT.
- ECE’s must be registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Knowledge of Developmental Relationship Framework®, an asset
- Experience working in a child care environment considered an asset