BEFORE/AFTER-SCHOOL TEACHERS & ASSISTANT TEACHERS
Are you looking to gain teaching experience while still in school? Are you looking for part-time work in the Education field? Do you love working with children?
We are looking to expand our licensed BEFORE/AFTER SCHOOL teaching team with the following part-time positions:
- 7:00 a.m. – 9:30 or 10:00 a.m. and/or
- 3:00p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday to Friday OR 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. if your schedule prefers
- Follow public school calendar for open/close schedule
- Caters to children from neighboring Nellie McClung, Anne Frank, Carville, Romeo, Dellaire Public Schools and Bialik Hebrew Day School, ages JK/SK-grade 6
- Program includes: homework support; Jewish educational experiences; P.A. days programming, sports; recreational swim; art; Shabbat club; kosher healthy snack; interactive games and activities in a warm nurturing, fun and safe environment.
- Ensure program and ratio compliance with the Ministry licensing
- Develop and implement age-appropriate curriculum designed to meet the physical, social and emotional needs of the children in our care based on your observations of the children’s interests and Jewish calendar holidays and events
- Ensure the health and safety of all children at all times
- Set up and clean up of classroom, equipment, supplies
- Engage children and encourage, motivate them to participate
- Maintain professional relationship and feedback to parents
- Enthusiasm, a love of working with children and a passion for teaching
- 1- 2 years experience working with JK/SK & elementary school age children in Ontario
- Teachers: Bachelor of Education Degree (O.C.T.) – junior/primary and/or R.E.C.E. or working towards and/or Child and Youth Worker diploma
- Assistant Teachers: 1-2years experience working with children
- Knowledge of Jewish life, traditions, culture and Israel and/or willingness to learn; as well as an ability to integrate these concepts appropriately in the afterschool program content
- Vulnerable Sector clearance, Child abuse registry clearance, Immunization records, 2-stepTB test, Standard First Aid level-C
- Excellent English language communication skills: oral, writing, reading
- Hebrew language skills an asset but not a must
- Solutions-based problem solving and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Punctual, responsible, dependable and a team player with a positive “can-do’ attitude
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: great attitude & ability to build relationships
The magnificent Schwartz/Reisman Centre (SRC) on the Joseph & Wolf Lebovic Jewish Community Campus at 9600 Bathurst Street, Vaughan, is dedicated to serving the community’s cultural, educational, fitness, social, spiritual and recreational needs. The SRC’s programs and services are guided by Jewish values and are open to all, regardless of race, ethnic origin or religious affiliation. Accommodations during all phases of the hire process will be made wherever possible. If you are interested in and qualified for this exciting opportunity please submit your resume via e-mail no later than October 1, 2018 to email@example.com.
We appreciate and thank you for your application, however we will only contact those candidates we wish to interview.