Reporting to a Program Manager, the Centre Supervisor is responsible for the leadership and daily administration of an early learning and child care centre and/or program, in accordance with City of Toronto's policies and government licensing standards. In this position the incumbent:
- Delivers inclusive high quality early learning and child care services for children (ages birth to12 years)
- Ensures that programs/services meet all legislated and regulatory requirements, Council approved directions and program quality standards
- Supervises the planning/delivery of a developmentally appropriate curriculum for all children in the centre
- Leads and supports the implementation of a play based curriculum model reflective of the Ontario Early Years Policy Framework.
- Leads staff teams and supervises assigned staff including monitoring and evaluating staff performance, assigning and scheduling work, overseeing attendance management, approving salary increments, issuing discipline and managing grievances.
- Promotes effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, and continuous learning. Encourages innovation in others
- Ensures the health, safety and well-being of all children and staff in the centre(s), ensures that Centres/programs are in compliance with legislation, policies and procedures related to health and safety.
- Manages the resolution of service delivery issues, including the reporting/follow-up of centre based Serious Occurrences as outlined in legislation
- Provides input into and administers assigned budget, making certain that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations
- Plans and implements parent involvement and engagement which may include information sessions and workshops
- Works with external agencies, services and resources including local community agencies working in the child and family sector to provide integrated seamless programs that improve outcomes for children and families
- Liaise with and provides information to a variety of professional groups, elected officials, government bodies and academic institutions
- Participates in Unit and Divisional workgroups, as required
- Eligibility for approval as a Child Care Centre Supervisor under the Child Care and Early Years Act 2014, including current registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators as an Early Childhood Educator.
- Considerable experience supervising staff, as well as leading, coaching, motivating and developing teams in an early learning & child care centre within a unionized environment
- Considerable experience leading and implementing a play-based program model in licensed early learning & child care programs.
- Considerable experience administering and delivering early learning and child care services and programs.
- Extensive knowledge of child development, current thinking and initiatives related to the early learning and child care field.
- Extensive knowledge of government legislation and policies relating to the delivery of early learning and child care.
- Knowledge of collective agreement administration and interpretation, labour relations principles and practices, and relevant employment legislation, including human rights and occupational health and safety.
- Knowledge in preparing and administering a budget.
- Computer literacy utilizing relevant software applications, e.g. MS Office
- Good analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team.
- Knowledge of and the ability to demonstrate the following City core competencies including: customer service, fiscal accountability, innovation, results orientation and teamwork.
Temporary Duration: Six (6) months with a possibility of extension.
Accommodation: If you are an individual who requires accommodation, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com, quoting job ID #2314448 and the job classification title. The City is committed to providing Code-protected accommodation throughout its hiring process. Please visit Hiring Policies and Statements for further details