The YMCA of Western Ontario is a multi-service charity that provides opportunity for personal growth for all background, beliefs, and abilities. We employ over 1500 staff and 390 volunteers. Our Y provides programs and services to approximately 32,000 members and numerous non-member program participants and has an annual operating budget of approximately $47 million. Our services are varied and include Child Care, Health, Fitness and Recreation, Newcomer Support, Camping and Youth Engagement.Child Care Supply Educators
Position: Child Care Supply
Location(s): London and surrounding communities
Wage: Child care supply educators $16.00-17.42 per hour
*This includes $2.00 per hour provided through a provincial wage enhancement grant
Hours: Must be available a minimum of 4 shifts 3 hours in length per month
- candidates will be eligible to participate in our full benefit plan upon completion of a minimum of 25hrs per week every week for 10 consecutive months
- A complimentary YMCA membership which encourages you to embrace the Y’s philosophy of health and well-being
- A discount on our Childcare and Camp programs
The YMCA of Western Ontario has immediate vacancies for the above positions. Our child care programs provide a positive, safe, and nurturing environment where children can develop to their full potential. We pride ourselves in value based programming, which incorporates the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility. This position provides you an opportunity to contribute to the well-being and full participation of children in their community.
- To ensure compliance with Child Care and Early Years Act, Health Department regulations and YMCA of Western Ontario policy and procedures.
- To ensure the implementation of the YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum to meet the needs, special needs, interests and talents of all children
- To work professionally with parents, outside agencies, and other team members
- To actively support the staff/volunteer team in providing excellent customer service
- To solve parent/member concerns in a customer focused manner
- To proactively developing relationships with children, peers, volunteers and parents
- To adhere to child safety/security policies and practices
- To maintain a clean and safe program environment at all times
Qualifications & Experience:
- Valid Standard First Aid & CPR Level C from WHMIS approved agency
- Current successful Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Experience working with children is preferred
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or equivalent, Child and Youth Worker Diploma, Recreation Leadership Diploma or equivalent is preferred
Values, Inclusion, Influence, Developing Others, Innovation, Quality Results, Emotional Maturity, Community, Relationships, Communication, Change Capacity, Self Development and Decision Making
Why the Y:
- A place where you are a part of one of the most respected human services organizations in the world;
- A place where your work positively influences the lives of others in so may ways;
- A place where you are able to flourish in a values-based environment;
- A place where you will build a better future not only for yourself but also for those you serve.
At the YMCA
- you will feel connected to community,
- you will meet new people,
- you will expand your knowledge base,
- you will have career development opportunities and
- you will experience a rewarding job by helping support the building of healthy communities
Imagine accomplishing all of this while having fun in a challenging and dynamic atmosphere!
This is “Why the YMCA”.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to CES Staffing
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Western Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $17.42 /hour