Blue Bell Academy is looking to hire a full-time Early Childhood Assistant (ECA) who is reliable, punctual, energetic, creative, and dynamic. The position is for educator assistants who are experienced working with Toddler and Preschool ages. Candidates must be certified in Standard First Aid and CPR training, have a clear police reference check with Vulnerable Sector Screening (if the check is more than six months old, must be willing to obtain a new one) and all up to date Immunizations including TB. Working knowledge of ELECT and How Does Learning Happen are an asset.
Abilities must include: professional and best practice skills with colleagues, children, families and the community as well as strong programming skills. Candidates should possess the ability to demonstrate written and verbal communication and be able to work as part of a committed and dedicated team.
As an ECA some of the responisbilities include:
- Assist with planning, implementing and evaluating developmentally appropriate activities and experiences in accordance with Blue Bell Academy’s philosophy.
- Observe the children then execute individual program plans
- Ensure guidance of children’s behaviour that encourages positive self concept
- Ensure the child’s environment is healthy and safe
- Ensure positive communication with parents
- Contribute to the on-going operations of Blue Bell Academy
Job Type: Full-time