Vincent Massey Academy is inviting applications for a full-time position as an Early Childhood Assistant at our Franklin Horner Campus (432 Horner Ave, Etobicoke, ON M8W 2B2) in a Toddler Classroom.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensures that all actions and activities meet the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA) regulations and the Early Learning and Care Assessment for Quality Improvement (AQI)
- Assisting in the planning and implementing programs that are engaging, stimulating and appropriate for the age group. Program must follow the Early Learning for Every Child Today (ELECT) framework and be based on the interests of the children. Program must meet the physical, cognitive, intellectual and emotional needs of the children.
- Document child's activities and daily observations into their HiMama account on classroom iPads
- Advise the Supervisor of pertinent information concerning children and their families
- Advocate for the policies, procedures and philosophy of Vincent Massey Academy
- Ensure availability for consultation with parents regarding children’s development. Able to effectively communicate appropriate guidance, feedback and instruction to parents.
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment that meets the requirements set forth by Toronto Children’s Services and Vincent Massey Academy
- Assist children in washroom routines, dressing and meal/snack activities
- Follow all health guidelines specified by Toronto Public Health
- Continually maintain and organize classroom to create a clean and welcoming learning environment that fosters learning and cooperation
- Model positive adult/child relationships
Qualifications and Skills
- ECE or ECA diploma is an asset
- Bachelors Degree in Education and registration to the Ontario College of Teachers is a strong asset
- Minimum of one years teaching experience as an RECE/ECA in a licensed childcare setting.
- Experience working with Toddler-aged children is considered a strong asset
- Experience working with special needs children in a classroom setting is considered a strong asset
- Fundamental knowledge of the Early Learning and Care Assessment for Quality Improvement (AQI), Early Learning for Every Child Today (ELECT) framework and How Does Learning Happen document
- Excellent English language communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on team building
- Knowledge of the Reggio Emilia philosophy is an asset
- Current and clear Vulnerable Sector Check
- Standard First Aid/CPR C
- Available Monday-Friday between 7am-12pm
- Able to legally work in Canada