Learning Jungle is a proud provider of quality early learning and care for children and families in the communities it serves. Our Duffins Bay Campus in Ajax, Ontario (at 610 Monarch Avenue) has openings for Full -Time Registered Early Childhood Educators (RECE).
- MUST BE A REGISTERED EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR
- Early Childhood Education Diploma / Degree recognized by the College of ECEs (www.college-ece.ca)
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid Standard First Aid Certificate (including Infant and Child CPR)
- Health Check
Early Childhood Education Skills :
- Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children.
- Plan, develop and conduct programs keeping in view the individual needs of the children, through observations, documentation and interpretation
- Provide opportunity for creative expression through the mediums of art, dramatic play and music
- Assess the developmental level of children, prepare reports and discuss with staff and parents
- Provide supervision and guidance of daily activities, field trips and special activities
- Discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings
- Establish and maintain a warm supportive relationship with the families of the children.
- Knowledge of Child Care and Early Years Act and knowledge of licensing regulations
- Keep accurate and current, the records as required by the Centre and the Ministry.
- Attend meetings and professional development seminars as required
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- Being responsible for maintaining a healthy, safe, clean, stimulating environment for children in the assigned classroom and for the Centre.