SickKids Centre for Community Mental Health (SickKids CCMH) is a community-based children’s mental health centre providing prevention, in-home support, day treatment, outpatient assessment and treatment and residential support to children ages birth to 18. SickKids CCMH is integrated with the Hospital for Sick Children (HSC) inpatient and ambulatory mental health services for children. As a stand-alone community-focused agency SickKids CCMH is working with the Hospital for Sick Children to create pathways to care that will ensure that children with mental health concerns and mental illness and their families are able to access the care they need in a timely fashion. SickKids CCMH is an accredited teaching facility affiliated with the University of Toronto.
We are seeking applicants to fill a Parent Child Educator contract position until December 2019. The successful incumbent will be responsible for the development, planning, coordination, and implementation of Prevention and Early Intervention Services for parents, caregivers, and children from birth to six years of age. The successful candidate will be working primarily with our families providing one to one support, Parent Child Programs and Children programs. This position is at located at our Sheppard Site and in the surrounding community neighbourhoods.
- Delivers primary prevention and early intervention services for children and families within our Centre and the surrounding community.
- Identifies needs and determines service plans for children from birth to 6 years of age, and their families.
- Provides training, orientation and supervision to students and volunteers in the delivery of the range of prevention services.
- Liaises, consults and makes referrals with community professionals to coordinate and plan appropriate service delivery
- Demonstrated multicultural experience and is sensitive to socio-cultural values and differences.
- Coordinates and implements new services, or modifies existing services, to meet the needs of families new to Canada.
- College diploma or equivalent, in Early Childhood Education (RECE), where the incumbent gains formal training in child growth development, and behaviour, as well as training in adult education and group facilitation, life skills training, multiculturalism, and supervision.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children birth to 6 years of age and families, with an emphasis on parent education, training and group dynamics.
- Experience working with special needs children and their families.
- Experience using developmental tools such as the ASQ.
- Skills in program planning and experience in building collaborative partnerships in a diverse multicultural community.
- Proven organizational skills and excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated multicultural socio-economic sensitivity.
- A car is an asset.
Interested applicants are asked to forward their resumes November 4, 2018 to:
Human Resources – SickKids Centre for Community Mental Health
Fax: (416)633-5810 E-mail: email@example.com
Please quote position title & competition number in the subject heading of email.
We are seeking applicants internally and externally
SickKids CCMH is committed to diversity and values inclusion. We welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups and others who may contribute to diversity within the Centre.
The Centre views diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence as essential pieces of an integrated whole that sustain our organization and guides our interaction within our diverse communities.
Reasonable accommodations are available during the recruitment process to job applicants with disabilities.