Established in 1996, Springdale Learning Centre is committed to meeting our communities' needs. Our centres are staffed by experienced and knowledgeable Registered ECEs, teachers and educators who provide a nurturing environment for our students.
We are seeking RECEs with 2 years experience to lead before/after school programs inside public schools in Brampton . RECEs will oversee program delivery and have responsibility of the daily operation of the site, as well as deliver a kindergarten or school-age program. Experience in a kindergarten or school-age program, and knowledge of HDLH, are definite assets.
Locations: Walnut Grove PS, Shaw PS, Countryside Village PS, Robert J. Lee PS
Responsibilities and Duties
- Establish and maintain a safe, warm and caring environment in which a high quality child care program can operate.
- Plan and implement stimulating activities that reflect current interests of students in the program, including physical activity and active play, the arts, quiet activities, construction and design, and nature, science & technology.
- Interact with students to enhance their participation in activities and the development of their self-regulation and problem solving skills
- Respond to the individual development of each child to ensure their specific needs are being met.
- Registration in good standing with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Valid CPR, First Aid certification
- Current Criminal Reference Check
- Documentation of TB Results, and Immunization Record
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Education's licensing requirements and evaluation is an asset
- Proven leadership abilities
- Flexible and energetic approach to work
- Positive and sensitive attitude towards students and staff
- Daily access to a vehicle and a valid driver's license is an asset
- Competitive compensation
- Work/life balance
- Mentorship and development
Hours and Contract Duration
- Hours are a split shift: Monday to Friday, 5 hours per day (eg. 7:00am - 9:15am & 3:15pm - 6:00pm. Timing is determined by school start time.)
- Contract is for the 2018-2019 school year, with opportunity for contract extension and additional hours on school holidays