The Supervisor is responsible for the overall management of Gingerbread Nursery School, a licensed childcare centre. This includes supervising staff, ensuring that the centre observes and exceeds the spirit and letter of all provincial, municipal and ministry and health laws, guidelines and regulations relating to the operation of the nursery school. They must provide leadership that is consistent with the philosophy, policies and procedures of Gingerbread Nursery school. The Supervisor will manage financial matters with fiscal responsibility. The nursery school supervisor is also responsible for program planning and implementation, working effectively with staff, working with families and children, connecting with the community, in addition to completing the various administrative responsibilities required. The supervisor teaches students directly each morning that the nursery school is in operation. The Supervisor works under the direction of a non-profit Board of Directors and will communicate regularly with the board in addition to monthly board meetings.
This position is part-time, three mornings per week, following a school year calendar. (Open: September-June. Closed: March Break, two weeks at Christmas and statutory holidays) This centre does not include outdoor play in it’s programming. Set-up and clean-up of the centre each day is the responsibility of the supervisor and the ECE. This may include some moderate to heavy lifting such as carrying and setting up children’s’ tables, chairs and large toys.
$18 per hour + $2 per hour wage enhancement
Reporting to the board of directors, the Centre Supervisor is responsible for the leadership and daily administration of Gingerbread Nursery School in addition to the instruction of and care of children. In this position the incumbent:
- Delivers inclusive high quality early learning services for children (ages 2 ½-4 years)
- Ensures that programs/services meet all legislated and regulatory requirements, and program quality standards
- Supervises the planning/delivery of a developmentally appropriate curriculum for all children in the centre
- Leads and supports the implementation of a play based curriculum model reflective of the Ontario Early Years Policy Framework.
- Leads and supervises assigned staff including assigning and scheduling work,
- Promotes effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, and continuous learning.
- Ensures the health, safety and well-being of all children and staff in the centre, ensures that the centre is in compliance with legislation, policies and procedures related to health and safety.
- Manages the resolution of service delivery issues, including the reporting/follow-up of centre-based Serious Occurrences as outlined in legislation
- Provides input into and administers assigned budget, making certain that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations
- Plans and implements parent involvement and engagement which may include organizing parent volunteers.
- Works with external agencies, services and resources including local community agencies working in the child and family sector to provide integrated seamless programs that improve outcomes for children and families
- Hold an RECE designation and be in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
- Have a Minimum of 2 years Supervisory experience in a child care setting or demonstrated leadership experience in a child care setting
- Minimum 5 years ECE or other teaching experience with ability to direct, instruct and care for children
- Working knowledge of Health regulations regarding Child Care Centres.
- Thorough knowledge of ELECT
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, skilled at working both independently and within a team context.
- Skilled in computer applications including Microsoft word,
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search (no older than 6 months)
- Ability to handle emergencies, crises and parent interactions calmly and professionally
- Strong leadership skills and ability to assign and coordinate tasks with other ECE
- Evidence of competent administrative skills and experience (e.g. ability to maintain neat and accurate records; multi-task and prioritise immediate requests)
- Food handlers Certificate or willingness to acquire it
- Immunization or willingness to acquire immunization for DPT (Diptheria-polio and tetanus)
- TB test (no older than one year) or willingness to aquire current TB test
Applications requested as soon as possible.
Position Commences: Immediately upon the completion of the hiring process
Applications: Qualified applicants, please forward your resumé including references, cover letter and contact information to the attention of the President of the Board of Directors for Gingerbread Nursery School at firstname.lastname@example.org Please use ‘Application for Supervisor Position’ in the subject line of your email.
Only applicants who are selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE