Kindertown Childcare centre has been in the business of servicing children and families for over 20 years. We are dedicated to lifelong learning and are looking for educators who are passionate about building relationships with families and children. We are looking for educators who are knowledgeable in theory and practice of "How Does Learning Happen?" Ontario's Pedagogy for the early years and whose values and beliefs align with our program statement.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the constant supervision, safety and well being of the children
- Early Childhood Educators cultivate caring, authentic relationships and foster a sense of belonging for children, families and educators
- Recognizes and responds to the needs of each child by using developmentally appropriate teaching and child behaviour management techniques
- Shares in the responsibility for planning, preparing and implementing stimulating, age-appropriate activities in response to the children’s emerging interests and skills.
- Participates fully and consistently as a conscientious team member in caring for the children and in the overall operation of the program and centre; maintains regular and open communication with program team members and all other co-workers
- Ensures the program operates at all times in compliance with all child care licensing standards
- Must understand and implement: Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, Child Care and Early Years Act, How does Learning Happen?
- Observes and records relevant information on each child's progress as required/as per Centre practices
- Attends and participates actively in monthly staff meetings
- Provides environments and experiences that engage children in active, creative and meaningful exploration, play and inquiry.
- Engages in positive collaboration with the other programs and early childhood educators of the centre in coordinating the effective use of equipment, facilities and personnel
- Actively participates and engages in continuous professional learning and reflects on transfer to practice
- Registered Early Childhood Education diploma or provincially recognized equivalent.
- Registered member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario.
- Valid Standard First Aid and Level “C” CPR.
- Negative criminal records and Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Minimum 2 years experience in the profession of Early Childhood Education
- Must provide a TB test, proof of Tetanus (within 10 years) and proof of MMR immunizations
Registered Early Childcare Educators working full time and meeting all qualification standards will have a starting wage of $18.00/h