The YMCA of Western Ontario is a multi-service charity that provides opportunity for personal growth for all background, beliefs, and abilities. We employ over 1500 staff and 390 volunteers. Our Y provides programs and services to approximately 32,000 members and numerous non-member program participants and has an annual operating budget of approximately $47 million. Our services are varied and include Child Care, Health, Fitness and Recreation, Newcomer Support, Camping and Youth Engagement.
Position: Full Time Registered Early Childhood Educator
Location: Various locations across London, St. Thomas, Woodstock, Lucan and Strathroy
Start Date: ASAP
Wage: Starting $17.42 per hour
*This includes $2.00 per hour that is provided through a provincial wage enhancement grant.
Hours: Monday to Friday – schedules vary during daily operating hours specific to the centre (Example: 7:30am-6:00pm)
- To ensure compliance with Child Care and Early Years Act, Health Department regulations and YMCA of Western Ontario policy and procedures.
- To ensure the implementation of the YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum to meet the needs, special needs, interests and talents of all children
- To work professionally with parents, outside agencies, and other team members
- To actively support the staff/volunteer team in providing excellent customer service
- To solve parent/member concerns in a customer focused manner
- To proactively developing relationships with children, peers, volunteers and parents
- To adhere to child safety/security policies and practices
- To maintain a clean and safe program environment at all times.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Valid Standard First Aid & CPR Level C from WHMIS approved agency
- Current Registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Current successful Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
Values, Inclusion, Influence, Developing Others, Innovation, Quality Results, Emotional Maturity, Community, Relationships, Communication, Change Capacity, Self Development and Decision Making
Why the Y:
- A place where you are a part of one of the most respected human services organizations in the world;
- A place where your work positively influences the lives of others in so may ways;
- A place where you are able to flourish in a values-based environment;
- A place where you will build a better future not only for yourself but also for those you serve.
At the YMCA
- you will feel connected to community,
- you will meet new people,
- you will expand your knowledge base,
- you will have career development opportunities and
- you will experience a rewarding job by helping support the building of healthy communities
Imagine accomplishing all of this while having fun in a challenging and dynamic atmosphere!
This is “Why the YMCA”.