DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach children songs, games, social skills, and crafts, story time, creating a fun and engaging atmosphere for the children during their visits
- Develop and implement age appropriate program plans for activities and circle experiences in the following areas: social emotional, sensory, science, cognitive, gross and fine motor
- Provides excellent care of children, ensuring that a safe play area is maintained for children of 6 weeks and older
- Attend to washroom needs, diaper changing and other personal needs as required. Keep written records of activities i.e. sleep time, feeding, diaper changes. Ensure communication of children’s needs to other Supply Caregivers. Communicate with members in regards to special requests of their child(ren)
- Provide snacks and refreshments to children and bottles to babies as required
- Craft planning and preparation
- Remove and report any damaged or unsafe toys, games and equipment to Childcare Supervisor
- Ensure a clean and sanitary environment at all times
- Handle general inquiries, reservations, section registration, program registration, etc.
- Maintain on-going communication in the daily logbook by recording all incidents, needs, member concerns, suggestions etc.
- Prepares monthly Birthday Celebration Wall for section members.
- Participate in all staff meetings.
- Decorate rooms for special events and occasions.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Minimum of grade 12
- ECE Certification or equivalency or working towards ECE Certification preferred
- Experience working with children (infants, toddlers and preschool ages) essential.
- First Aid and C.P.R. certification required.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Flexible to work variable shifts; evenings, weekends and holidays
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.