Building Blocks Nursery School (BBNS) is a co-operative program located in Midhurst that runs 4 mornings a week (Monday – Thursday) from September to June for children aged 2-4 years.
As a part of our nursery school, the RECE Assistant Teacher (Teacher) will work with the children along with the Supervisor and parent volunteers. Our program offers opportunities for creativity, collaboration, critical thinking and conflict resolution in a play-based and inclusive learning environment.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Teacher must have a high capacity for empathy and objectivity and have the capacity to form meaningful relationships with children and their families, supervisor and volunteers. The Teacher must work alongside the Supervisor and the Board to create and implement an engaging program for the children and should be able to relay information and relate well to parents.
- Permanent position: 17 hours/week
- Start date: September 4th, 2018
- Assisting with program planning, set-up and implementation and regular cleaning of toys/maintenance of supplies
- Ongoing care of the children
- Liaising with parents on an ongoing basis
- Individualizing the curriculum for children
- Guiding children’s behaviour to promote autonomy and positive self-concept
- Ensuring the work environment is healthy and safe
- Encouraging and supporting active family involvement
- Contributing to the on-going operation of BBNS
- Attend meetings and functions, as required
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (R.E.C.E.)
- Experience working with children
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Police Reference Check
- Current Health Certificate & Immunization Record
- Standard First Aid & Infant/Child CPR certification (WSIB approved)
- Working knowledge of the Child Care Early Years Act, Licensed Child Care Policies & Procedures and ‘How Does Learning Happen’ and Emergent Curriculum is an asset
- Willingness to obtain Food Handler's License
- Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort (for purposes of set-up/take-down as school is run out of a community church)
- Excellent English language communication skills, both verbal and written
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills including punctuality and diplomacy/positivity when speaking with parents
- Ability to be flexible, show initiative and work independently
Please submit your cover letter and resume by end of day on June 3rd, 2018. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
For more information about Building Blocks, please visit www.buildingblocksnurseryschool.com.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour